Below are the latest statistics for the project. They continue to be very encouraging.I think that the project will be complete within the next month or two. If you want to become involved, you had better hurry or the Census will be indexed before you start.
- 88,924,341 names have been indexed and arbitrated.
- 20 states have published searchable indexes on FamilySearch.org. These states include Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.
- 8 additional states are 100% indexed, arbitrated and in the final stage of preparation for posting.
- 3 additional states are 99% indexed and arbitrated. To see the status of each state visit the 1940 US Census state-by-state progress map on the FamilySearch website.
- 133,655 indexers have signed up to index the 1940 US Census.
Friday, June 15, 2012
15 June 2012 Update for 1940 U.S. Census Indexing Project
South Dakota becomes the 20th state to be fully indexed and searchable online on FamilySearch.org. Quoting from the blog post/press release: