Keynote by Dean L. McLeod, Professional Genealogist
Dean L. McLeod : Full-time professional genealogist since January 1975. Founding Board Member, APG. Spent first ten years specializing in Scottish and English research. Former staff researcher, Brigham Young University Family History Services. Employed fifteen years American Research Bureau as Field researcher in San Francisco, CA.
Be Part of the Success of the Northern California ExpoThe success of this Expo is increased by your commitment to sharing this information with friends, family, and your community. Click here for a pdf flyer that you can print and distribute to community centers, libraries, genealogical and family history societies, local grocery stores, restaurants, and any other place you can think of. We provide you with these flyers to help insure the continued success of this marvelous Expo. We appreciate your assistance and support of the Expo.
More Reasons to Attend an ExpoFollowing are some of the benefits for attending our Expos:
- Class Handouts Syllabus includes more than 300 pages of research guidance.
- Free online class offered by Genealogical Studies valued at $89.00
- Download, view and study class handouts before the event so you can come prepared with questions.
- Ask-the-Pros booth where you can bring personal research and genealogical questions to discuss with our professional researchers $50 value.
- Exhibit area filled with vendors who have unique products and services, family historians and genealogists love to learn about. (Our book vendor alone will have more than 400 titles to browse or purchase. Books selected based on expert knowledge by Leland K. Meitzler who really knows what people need to be successful.)
- Speakers and vendors from throughout the United States and Canada. A unique opportunity to increase skills and networking with other researchers.
- Meet bloggers who will be talking about the event via twitter, blogs, and other social media.
- Amazing door prizes each hour and grand prizes at the end of the Expo! People qualify to win prizes by attending classes (Grand prizes include a gift bag filled with FamilySearch specialty items, $900 in online classes offered by Genealogical Studies of Ontario, Canada; a professional research package valued at $500 offered by Arlene H. Eakle, PhD and more)
Closing Keynote is Holly T. Hansen
Holly T. Hansen : President of Family History Expos, Inc. Through Family History Expos, Holly has helped thousands understand the techniques and technology to trace their roots in today’s ever-changing technological environment. She received a B.A. in History from Weber State University and continues to dedicate time to education on a daily basis. She is also an author, lecturer, former editor of Everton’s Genealogical Helper magazine, and editor of the 10th and 11th editions of the Handybook for Genealogists.