- 77,629,066 names have been indexed and arbitrated.
- 18 states have published searchable indexes on FamilySearch.org. These states include Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.
- 5 additional states are 100% indexed, arbitrated and in the final stage of preparation for posting.
- 9 additional states that are 90% or more complete. To see the status of each state visit the 1940 US Census state-by-state progress map on the FamilySearch website.
- 126,716 indexers have signed up to index the 1940 US Census
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Update for 5 June 2012 on 1940 U.S. Census Project
Here are the statistics for the U.S. Census project to 5 June 2012: