Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Additions and Corrections

The ownership and partnerships of the genealogical community is getting so complicated that I missed a couple of things I should have mentioned in the last post and need to correct some mis-impressions.

Ancestry.com also owns Fold3.com which was previously known as Footnote.com. Ancestry.com also owns Genline.com, the Swedish database. I have written about these in previous posts, but I should have included them for the update.

WorldVitalRecords.com is now owned by MyHeritage.com. It is WorldVitalRecords.com that has the Content Partnerships with the list of companies. I did not mean to suggest that MyHeritage.com owned the companies in the list. I also failed to point out that MyHeritage.com owns FamilyLink.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment