Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hello from Sunny Florida

I had a wonderful time presenting at a combined meeting of four central Florida genealogical societies. The four societies included:


My wife and I flew to Florida on Friday, 8 February 2013 and the conference was all day Saturday in Vero Beach, Florida.

Thanks to all the great people in Florida for a really good conference. The weather was lovely (compared to snow storms in the rest of the country) and the hospitality was great. We are traveling up to Cocoa for a presentation and then back to Vero Beach for another the next day.

If you haven't had an opportunity before to attend a genealogy conference, even a local area conference such as the ones here in central Florida, you should take that opportunity. Genealogy can be a very solitary activity and taking time to mingle with other genealogists who share your passion for research can be invigorating and inspiring. Thanks again to all those who volunteered their time to have a successful and well attended conference.

3 comments:

  1. You flew into a time machine on your way to Florida. We haven't reached September 8, 2013 yet. At least I haven't.
    Just a small typo8-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh...your in my neck of the woods and I can't come see you because I will be working. So close yet so far...LOL

    At least you will be enjoying our beautiful weather. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jim, for sharing with us at the seminar in Vero Beach. I certainly enjoyed the day, especially the case studies on your own quest for finding Kerlin's Well and your great grandmother's photos.

    ReplyDelete