Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Long Anticipated Visit to the Utah Valley Technology and Genealogy Group

I have long known about the Utah Valley Technology and Genealogy Group, previously known at the Utah Valley PAF Users Group. For me, it has always been as legendary as the Homebrew Computer Club. Corporate records for Utah show that the original Utah Valley PAF Users Group was incorporated back in 1991. It was an extremely pleasant surprise to be invited to speak to this stil very active genealogy and technology group. Since I don't live in Utah, it would have been pure luck to have been available to attend a meeting, as it was, I was already in Utah when I was invited to speak.

Thanks to all those who participated today. I understand there were about 130 people at today's session and our discussions lasted almost an hour past the ending time of the meeting. I was a great opportunity and a pleasure to meet and speak to the group. Thanks again for the invitation.

5 comments:

  1. James, thanks for coming and giving a very interesting and enlightening presentation. I was able to use a couple of things that you presented today in the "Personal Help" area. I always enjoy reading your blogs and hearing and seeing your presentations. Thanks and come again.
    Finn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you suggested a topic for a blog post. I should have written it down. Could you suggest it again? Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Maybe some day you'll be able to also visit the Silicon Valley Computer Genealogy Group (formerly Silicon Valley PAF Users Group). The Utah Valley group was a "subsidary" of the Silicon Valley group for a few years before they became independent. Great people in both groups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James, The subject that I talked to you about was the "other" cemetery records. I would be interested in what types of records there are and how we would use them. Finn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I remembered in the middle of the night. See my most recent post.

      Delete