Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Official Rules for the 12-Millionth Source Challenge Posted

The countdown has begun for the "12-Millionth Source Challenge" and Official Contest Rules have been sent out but the links to the online versions all appear broken. The Rules certainly look official with statements such as "These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and FamilySearch with respect to the Challenge." Hmm. What if I have never read the Rules or even know about the Challenge and simply go about my work putting sources on the FamilySearch? Oh, Ho. And further more, in my blissful ignorance, I win the Challenge? Well, that wasn't covered in the Rules.

Unless you were sent a copy of the Rules, I can't find them online, but I assume either that they have or will change the Rules or they simply haven't hit the Internet yet. I could say something about lawyers, but I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment