Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Getting Ready for RootsTech 2014

Getting ready for RootsTech 2014 seems to be an ongoing process. As a presenter, I had submitted everything on the presenter check list and then got a subsequent request for even more detail because my presentation not only will be broadcast, but it will also be translated into various languages. I have now completed those final steps in preparation for my presentation.

Although I was selected some time ago as a blogger for RootsTech 2014 and received information for downloading a blogger badge for this website, I have yet to see anything official on the RootsTech 2014 website concerning the selection of bloggers for the conference. The list of presenters at this conference is quite impressive and I am looking forward to seeing some that I have not seen since the last RootsTech conference. Although I have not seen the full list of bloggers for RootsTech 2014 I suspect that the list will also be impressive.

 One thing that will be new to me this next conference, will be the one day Developers' Conference the day before the general conference sessions. Presently, Early Bird Registration is still open and conference registrants can get a full access conference pass for just $159 while the regular price is $239. I note from the blogs, that many of the potential attendees have already made hotel reservations. I would suggest that if you are planning on attending the conference that you make your hotel reservations as early as possible. The RootsTech 2014 website lists several hotels in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah that are offering conference specials.

One thing to know about Salt Lake City is that there is a free light rail system in the immediate downtown area. If you are unable to get accommodation in one of the hotels next to the Salt Palace, I would suggest looking at a map of downtown Salt Lake for the route of the light rail and choosing a hotel near the light rail.

Since the construction of the City Creek shopping mall, the options for restaurants and other stores including a large supermarket have made the downtown area a destination for shopping, dining and other activities. Of course, as genealogists we appreciate the fact that the Salt Palace and the hotels are located very close to and right on the light rail system for access to the Family History Library.

I hope to see you in Salt Lake in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment