- MyHeritage adds more than 100 million new UK records. The new additions added more than 118 million new records. One of our new UK collections - "England Births and Christenings" - dates back to 1538 and contains more than 192 million names, including births and christenings from various localities.
- Dues for the Association of Professional Genealogists has increased effective 1 July 2014.
- The newly FamilySearch certified version of Legacy Family Tree is free. Sort of. The free version contains only a subset of the features available in the full version of the program which cost $29.95.
- A new method to attach historical records to FamilySearch.org Family Tree will be released by the end of March. The new version will allow you to attach all of the appropriate family members at one time rather than individually. If you would like to experience the beta version you can turn on the tool in your chosen web browser simply by loading the following URL: http://tiny.cc/attachbeta2
- The 34th annual International Conference on Jewish Genealogy will be held at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center, 255 W Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 on July 27 through August 1, 2014. For registration and information click here.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Bits and pieces of genealogy news
Sometimes there are a lot of things going on in the genealogical community but are just "need-to-know" type items without a lot of explanation. Here are some of the things during the past week or so.