Heading the list of newly released collections is the vast collection of Irish Catholic Parish Registers. Covering the majority of Ireland, this incredible record set includes 40 million names, 3,500 registers and over 1,000 parishes. To celebrate this release, Findmypast.com is making all 110 million Irish records free for everyone until 7th March 2016.
As shown in the image above, the Irish Catholic Parish Registers include the following:
- Records cover over 200 years from 1671-1900
- Over 10 million records and 1,000 parishes
- 40 million names
Some of the other recent additions to Findmypast.com as announced, include the following:
- Irish Newspapers. Over 1.5 million new articles have been added to the Findmypast.com collection of historic Irish newspapers including one brand new title, the United Irishman. This staunchly nationalist title ran weekly in 1848 until its suppression under the Treason Felony Act.
- Northamptonshire Military Tribunals, 1916-1918. Search over 12,000 records from Military Tribunals held in Northamptonshire. You can explore appeals for exemption from military service to discover your ancestor's grounds for appeal, and their eventual fate.
- Middlesex Monumental Inscriptions, 1485-2014. Delve through over 20,000 transcripts of monumental inscriptions from nine burial sites across Middlesex to discover your ancestor's birth year, death year, and place of burial.
Findmypast.com is growing rapidly and adding new content regularly making the site even more valuable for research. Recently, I have been focusing on some of my English ancestors and I am finding the site more and more useful as I get deeper into the research.