The free, learning and training resource known as The Family History Guide has undergone a complete upgrade. The newly designed website went online on November 15, 2016. Quoting from the newly designed website:
The Family History Guide is a website that represents a best-in-class learning environment for family history. Its scope is broad, but its focus is narrow enough to help you achieve your goals, step by step. Whether you're brand new to family history or a seasoned researcher - or somewhere in between - The Family History Guide can be your difference maker.The Family History Guide is a structured, sequence learning environment linked to thousands of videos and articles that support a broad range of genealogical learning activities. The website features the following:
- Over 1,200 Goals for learning, supported by over 2,300 flexible Choices
- Step-by-step instructions to make learning easier
- Links to over 2,400 videos and articles from FamilySearch, Ancestry, and more
- QUIKLinks that take you to record searches from multiple sources, with a single click
- Project Tracker sheets and Training materials for self-study or group instruction
- Family history resources for children and for LDS interests.
My wife and I have been so impressed with the program, that we are now serving as volunteers on their Advisory Committee.
One important feature of the website is the inclusion of a complete set of class outlines for those who are called upon to instruct genealogy classes.
Here is new video explaining the updated website.