Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Using the Internet Archive for Serious Genealogical Research

 

https://youtu.be/lb58Xkl8czk

You may have noticed that I am doing a lot more videos than blog posts. This video shows how the fantastic Internet Archive or Achive.org can be used for serious genealogical research. I have found that I get more viewers than I do readers, so I am spending my time doing an average of about three new videos a week. For example, I did the following video in a Facebook Live broadcast about French records for MyHeritage.com on July 13, 2022 and it now has over 4,000 views. See https://www.facebook.com/myheritage/videos/3366257783592113

The last few weeks, I have been doing Live Research videos for the BYU Family History Library. You can see 1. Case Studies Live On Air So far, there will be three videos in this series. Maybe more in the future. 

I am also doing a series of how-to videos about the digitization and scanning equipment at the BYU Family History Library. For example, see Introduction to the Plustek OpticBook A300 Plus Scanner

It looks like I will be continuing to broadcast from two to three or more a week until the end of 2022. 

You can see most of the videos on the BYU Family History Library YouTube Channel and on the Goldie May YouTube Channel

You really need to check out the BYU YouTube Channel. Of course, I am merely one of the many people posting videos online. The BYU Family History Library usually posts four or five or more a week. 

You can also see the BYU Instructional Videos by category. See https://fh.lib.byu.edu/classes-and-webinars/youtube-videos/



No comments:

Post a Comment