Like Wyoming, Alaska is large with a small population. It is the least densely populated state of the U.S. See Wikipedia. I have only known a few people over the years who actually were born and raised in Alaska. As shown below, some of the online resources are actually in other state repositories.
- Alaska, Western Canada and United States Collection (University of Washington Libraries)Quoting from the Website, "The Alaska Western Canada and United States collection is a digital collection of historic photographs documenting the geographic area of Alaska, Western United States and the Canadian provinces of Yukon Territory and British Columbia. The collection features images of the Oregon, Idaho, and areas of interest in Alaska and the Yukon Territory relating to the Gold Rush of 1898-1900. Included also are images of mining activities, street scenes, Eskimo and Native Americans of the region, hunting and fishing, transportation, and World War II installations."
- The Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition Digital Collection (Seattle Public Library)A collection of books, pamphlets, invitations, reports, speeches, maps, articles and more from the 1909 Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition.
- Alaska's Digital Archives Quoting from the Website, "Alaska's Digital Archives presents a wealth of historical photographs, albums, oral histories, moving images, maps, documents, physical objects, and other materials from libraries, museums and archives throughout the state." The collection is relatively small but probably mostly unique.
- Alaska's Gold Lode: A Database of Alaskan Primary Sources
- Digital Archives (LitSite Alaska) "The Digital Archives Partnership is a collaboration between LitSite Alaska and the Alaska's Digital Archives. Alaska's Digital Archives present a wealth of historical photographs, albums, oral histories, moving images, maps, documents, physical objects, and other materials from libraries, museums and archives throughout the state."
- A Digital Topographic Atlas of Alaska
- Juneau-Douglas History Photos and writings on Alaska history.
- Alaska State Archives This site has an online Probate index. The Archives have other records such as naturalization records, pioneer home residents, teacher records and vital records but they are apparently not available online.