Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FamilySearch FamilyTech becomes FamilySearch TechTips


FamilySearch announced today a new name for the previously called FamilySearch FamilyTech website. The site will now be called FamilySearch TechTips. This most recent name change is intended to be permanent. Here is an excerpt from the announcement:
We are happy to announce that we now have a new name for the FamilyTech website. This name is not only new, but is also permanent. The new name is TechTips. The site will be known as FamilySearch TechTips. Work is underway to make all of the necessary changes, including moving the site to the new URL. The new URL will be http://www.familysearch.org/techtips
 I have been contributing tech Blog posts to the site for some time. You can access my posts under the Viewpoint link or simply find one of my posts and click on my name. I think you will find the articles very helpful.

With the new name, the site will now be added to the other FamilySearch websites with access from the FamilySearch site. I will keep you posted as there are further changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment