Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Off to the BYU Conference on Family History and Genealogy

It appears that all of the various schedules I have to follow coincided to allow me to go to the BYU Conference on Family History and Genealogy in Provo, Utah. Quoting from the Conference webpage,
The 43rd annual BYU Conference on Family History and Genealogy will offer more than 100 classes, allowing participants to gain new skills and helpful information.
Class topics include New FamilySearch, FamilySearch, Using Computers, Internet and Technology, Computer Tools Hands–on–Workshop, Church Records Worldwide, Writing Family Histories, Research Methodologies, United States Research, British Research, International Research, Scandinavian and German Research. The conference will be in the BYU Conference Center.
As usual, there is more than one class I would like to attend at a given hour. The conference goes on for four days, which is more than the usual conference but helps to cover more topics and gives more time to interact with the attendees. Since I write for FamilySearch's TechTips, work extensively with the FamilySearch Wiki and have a lot of other project going on with FamilySearch, I am hoping I can get some additional work done during the conference. I will also try to report on some of the classes and any new announcements at the Conference.

As I  have previously announced, I will be publishing The Guide to FamilySearch Online. I hope to have the final publication details worked out with Y Mountain Press during the week and be able to provide a link to the BYU Bookstore where the paper copy of the book will be available. I will also be working with an E-book publisher during the conference to work out the details of having the book online.

One thing is certain, I will enjoy the cooler weather in Utah Valley as a respite from the summer heat in Mesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment