Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Friday, January 11, 2013

Addendum to JSTOR post

I should have read all the information from JSTOR more carefully. Did I mention that JSTOR has over 1600 journals online? Well, I should have looked at the crack in the door a little closer before hitting the publish button on my last post.  As it turns out, most of the journals, at least older issues, are currently available. So this is a major advancement in access. Thanks to JSTOR for the correction and the update.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, James - My name is Kristen Garlock and I'm the Associate Director for Education & Outreach at JSTOR. I'd like to clarify the numbers in your post. JSTOR includes about 1,600 academic journals (not 7,000). The initial phase of the "Register & Read" program ran from March 2012 - December 2012 and did include only 77 titles. However, just this past week we expanded the program to more than 1,200 journals. More info about the program and a list of the journals can be found at http://about.jstor.org/rr. Could you point me to where you saw the 7,000 journal figure? I'd like to make sure that gets corrected, if necessary. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete