Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Monday, September 11, 2023

You Need to Register for RootsTech 2024 Beginning September 18th

 

RootsTech.org 2024

I have been writing about RootsTech since 2011 and have attended every year since either in person or online. I started out as a Blogger which became an Ambassador and then an Influencer and finally today as Media person. I think the one most significant benefit from all those years has been the opportunity to associate with fellow genealogists. There is something about talking in person and sharing information and experiences that can't adequately be replaced by an online experience. RootsTech 2024 gives us all another opportunity to gather together. I realize that living in Provo does not present the planning and expense of coming from another country of a distant part of the United States, but this opportunity is worth the effort. 

Granted, RootsTech 2024 is going to be both in-person and online. You can certainly enjoy much of what goes on in the classrooms and on the large stage presentations from the comfort of your own home, but when I go to RootsTech, I go mainly to interact with people I would never see otherwise. At RootsTech 2023, both my wife and I spent every practical minute talking to people and sharing information and experiences. I might add that we were both exhausted at the end of the week and it took an entire week or so to recover. But we are ready to do it all over again. 

The full catalog of videos on the RootsTech.org website has 4346 results. That is 4346 videos to view when you register. The videos vary in length from under 20 minutes to almost an hour or more. The tech part of RootsTech is changing almost weekly and attending the conference in person or online will give you an opportunity to see what is really going on the greater world of international genealogy. 

Time is passing quickly. Think about attending in person and start getting ready to be there and when you come, make sure you say hello to me as I wander around the expo floor or teach a class or two or three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment