Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Friday, September 15, 2023

FamilySearch Chat: Talking with Users in Real Time

 

https://www.familysearch.org/en/blog/new-familysearch-chat

This is an interesting blog post from the FamilySearch Blog. I don't think it is necessary for me to restate the blog but I would note that perhaps the people who developed this "new tool" and wrote the blog have a limited experience interacting with other FamilySearch Family Tree users. We frequently get written messages from people who are irate, using expletives, threatening, otherwise being rude and unreasonable. I don't really have any reason why I would want to talk to such people in real-time. I guess this does give families an alternative method of texting back and forth, but I don't see it replacing our existing text message groups on our phones or other text message programs such as Marco Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment