Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Teaching Classes at RootsTech 2020


RootsTech 2020 has a busy schedule of regular classes for the Conference but you should also be aware that there are lots more classes presented in the Expo Hall by the various companies and entities. You may find that these classes are more pertinent to each particular entity than those in the classrooms. Obviously, some of the booths are from companies that are selling their products but the people presenting the classes are not necessarily connected to the companies. There are also games, giveaways, and prizes.

As always, I will have a busy time at RootsTech 2020. I have a number of classes to teach. I will teach two classes at the MyHeritage booth; one on Thursday at 5:30 and one on Saturday at 12:30. Here is a link to the whole MyHeritage schedule. There will be classes almost all day each day of the Conference. MyHeritage has a full schedule of other activities planned. Here is a short summary from an email I received.
From the moment the Expo Hall opens, MyHeritage will have a jam-packed schedule of lectures, demos, and activities. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from talented genealogists and DNA experts, meet some of the people behind our innovative technologies, and have fun when you join our social activities. Did I forget to mention you can win some prizes? ;-)

Beyond all that, many booth surprises await. Travel back in time and experience the Mayflower in a way that will forever change the way you view this historical event. Colorize your black and white photos and see your family history come to life with our new MyHeritage In Color™ feature. Participate in lots of fun games and activities that will help you enjoy family history in a new (and highly entertaining) way.
I will also be teaching at the Brigham Young University Family History booth. This is a photo from last year

 
For BYU, my classes are at 1:00 on Thursday, 1:00 on Friday, and 4:00 on Friday. there is a full schedule of classes from other presenters every day during the conference.

I will also be available at the Media Hub with the other Ambassadors although I do not have a fixed schedule.


Finally, last but not the least, My wife, Ann, and I will be spending a lot of time teaching, helping, and answering questions at The Family History Guide booth.


Here is a photo of Bob Taylor teaching a class. Even if you don't want to listen to a class, you can always come by the booth and sit and talk for a while.

Look for me and be sure to stop me and talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment