Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Sunday, June 13, 2021

An Amazing Photo Repair from MyHeritage

 

This lovely photograph of my Grandmother and my Great-uncle has always been a challenge for me. I spent hours using Adobe Photoshop "repairing" the torn part of the photo. I hesitate to show my repair because it was not at all acceptable. Now, here comes the Repair feature from MyHeritage.com. This is the repair that took all of about 15 seconds. 

Granted, you might not have such fabulous results from your own photo, but considering the time I have spent trying to do the repair on my own. This is almost unbelievable. Also, the other issues with photo were also corrected. I doubt that the original photo was as good as this repaired one. Now, this is not the end of the project. Here is the same repaired photo after MyHeritage.com applies the enhancement option. 


Next, I could add colorization. 

All this from a badly torn photo. What do you think?

2 comments: