Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Is ChatGPT worth using? Especially for genealogy and genealogy related uses?

 


The answers to the questions in the title of this post are both NO. So far, I have tried a number of different types of questions or suggestions to ChatGPT and the results have been helpful only if I just need some ideas and words. I find any reference to dates, places, or specific facts to be almost uniformly wrong. It may work for planning a trip, but I wouldn't rely on any specific facts about dates, times, or even addresses. It appears to me to be only a way to gather suggested topics. If you want facts, use Wikipedia which at least has some source references. If you want to see my analysis of a ChatGPT response on a post for Walking Arizona, see https://walkingarizona.blogspot.com/2023/04/paris-france-temple-of-church-of-jesus.html

No comments:

Post a Comment