Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Where in the World Will I be at RootsTech?

 

Hmm, obviously physically I will be sitting in front of my computer but it seems like a good idea to let people know where I can be found during the rest of this week. Of course, you can always email me or even talk to me on the phone (imagine that) but you can also play the "conference" game and find me online. 

1. I am helping out with the Salt Lake City, Utah Family History Library's RootsTech Connect Research Help. See https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/RootsTech_Connect_Research_Help. I don't know how you would get to me personally, but if want research help, you can sign up for a twenty-minute session. 

2. That brings us to The Family History Guide or thefhguide.com. The Family History Guide is an Exhibitor at RootsTech. For three full 24-hour days, we will be online on the Exhibitor chat. When the RootsTech.org website for this year's RootsTech Connect goes online, you can go to the Exhibitor Virtual Expo Hall. We have a fairly prominent link and during the conference from about 5:00 pm MST on Wednesday, through 9:00 pm MST on Saturday. I will be online off and on during some of that time also.

All this puts me online a minimum of 20 hours over three days. But it is also likely that I will be online with blog posts and with other meetings and with chat sessions and so, I will likely be online more than 30 hours in three days. 

Now, what about the RootsTech relative finder mobile app? I am currently at 18,857 registered relatives. I am not even sure what to do with this number of relatives. 

By the way, the latest number of people registered for RootsTech Connect 2021 is 433,255 registrants. Hmm. Sounds interesting. Hope I get to talk to a few people during or after the conference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment