Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Monday, November 7, 2022

New and Improved Family Statistics Free on MyHeritage


Recently from MyHeritage.com:

 Family Statistics on MyHeritage.com show you dozens of different analytics for your family tree. Using the metrics on the page, you can better understand your family history across several categories: places, ages, births, marriages, children, divorces, and now, relationships.

Among the many interesting facts that are showcased, you’ll learn which couple was married the longest and which pair of siblings had the largest age gap. You’ll also discover who had the most children, who was married the most times, and even find out the most common birth months in your family. Think you know your family tree inside and out? Family Statistics may give you a few surprises.

The information comes from your own family tree so the larger your family tree, the more interesting are the statistics. Here is an example from my own family tree:


 The top row of statistics are not at all surprising, but the surprise comes from the most common last names. The most common name on my family tree is Baker. Tanner just barely makes it on the list of the top 15. With all my British ancestors, there is no surprise in the most common first names for either males or females. 

Here is another section:

I guess I am not too surprised that I have more people born in the United Kingdom than I do in the United States, but this does show me some other opportunities such as doing research in Canada and Australia. 

One more screenshot of some statistics. 


This set of statistics tells me I probably have some errors in the information about the people on the long-lived people. 

There are a lot more categories and charts. This might be a good incentive to start building a family tree on MyHeritage.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment