Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Time Off

I am going in for some major surgery today and will likely be taking a little time off. You will know I am recovering when you see me pop back online. As one of my friends said, "They will likely be prying the iPhone and computer out of your hands as they take you to the operating room." Well, yes, that is probably true. I have said a few times over the past weeks, that if I were a car, it would be time to trade me in for a new model.

It is interesting how sometimes life comes to a screeching halt. There is a saying in Spanish, "El hombre propone y Dios dispone." (Man proposes and God disposes). This may be true in one sense, but how we confront those things that come into our life determines to a great extent whether we are actors on the world stage or merely spectators. Borrowing a phrase from Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber, "So I chose freedom, Running around trying everything new."

I will soon be running around trying everything new again.

6 comments:

  1. I have been reading your posts (first) every day for over a year and have never taken the time to tell you how much information and enjoyment they provide me. Good luck with your surgery and hope to see you back soon online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Hope you're up and running again soon (and hope you're not subjected to awful daytime TV in the meantime).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, as a person who has spent the past 42 years in the OR, I am sure it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss your daily posts got sure! Good luck, mr. Tanner, and hope to see you up and posting again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very speedy and complete recovery. I also enjoy your posts although I wonder where you find enough hours in the day to accomplish all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a couple days behind reading blogs (well, actually a few weeks behind for some, but that's another matter). I wish you a rapid recovery, and a return to full health. I'll be watching for the online return in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete