Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Simple Rules for Robo Calls


I am not a robot. One of the most common online procedures for blocking robocalls is to have you certify that you are not a robot. I have written about this problem from time to time and usually get a few comments recommending various methods of stopping or at least slowing down these calls. Since I am using an iPhone with iOS, there is an option on the call information screen to block a caller. When the call comes in from an unknown number and a strange location, such as Shoreline, Washington, I do not answer and I wait to see if the caller leaves a voice mail message. No message then the call is blocked. This is "free" and simple.

The effect of this is if you are calling me and can't get through because your ID does not show up, I will not answer your call. If you really want to talk to me, you can email me and set up a time or simply leave a message. If I do manage to answer the phone, I will likely wait for you to say hello or ask for me.

Yes, I am aware of apps and programs, but I like simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment