Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

More about Geni.com


I recently wrote a blog post entitled, "An Introduction to Geni.com." I response, I received a kind letter from Geni.com clarifying the difference between their "free" level and the paid level or Pro level. Here is the explanation.
A brief explanation of our account types - With a free basic account, users may add unlimited people to the tree, collaborate with others, participate in genealogy projects, and take advantage of our DNA features, which we provide in partnership with Family Tree DNA. Those who wish to have access to more advanced tools on Geni may choose to upgrade to Geni Pro. A Pro subscription includes access to Tree Matches (these are matching profiles on Geni), full access to our search engine, unlimited media storage, and priority support. Note it is not required to upgrade to use Geni. 
I appreciate this concise explanation. I guess my explanation was too simplified.  I would point out that Geni.com is a useful and important option for those who want their own family tree online.

No comments:

Post a Comment