Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Looking forward to RootsTech 2022 Virtual

 


RootsTech 2022 is coming faster than you expect. This year it is 100% virtual and 100% free (if you already have an internet connection and a device to connect). I am involved as an "Influencer." I guess my perception of reality should begin adapting to linguistic changes. Most of my time during RootsTech from the 28th of February to the 5th of March is going to be spent helping people around the world with their genealogical questions. I am scheduled for four hours per day for a total of 20 hours plus all the possible preparation time. This opportunity comes from the Research Help link on the Salt Lake City, Utah Family History Library Website. When you click on the "Research Help" link, you will see the following page. 

Clicking on the button takes you to page that asks you to start providing some basic information about your questions. Here is the beginning page for these online Virtual Genealogy Consultations


There are a lot of volunteers helping with this project. During the past year, since the 2021 RootsTech, I have received requests for more than 250 consultations. I know that some of the missionary/volunteers have done many, many times that number. All of us serve as Church Service Missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or are employees of FamilySearch. We are still looking for more missionaries to help with the consultations. You should know that there is training and a time commitment both before the week of RootsTech and during the weeks following. You can offer to help my emailing onlineconsultations@familysearch.org

Of course, I am still scheduling consultations every week and will continue to do so during the RootsTech event and afterwards also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment