Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Monday, December 20, 2021

MyHeritage passes 1 million Subscribers

 

I wrote my first blog post about MyHeritage.com back on January 9, 2009. I had, only shortly before that, begun blogging about genealogy. My first blog post on Genealogy's Star was November 21, 2008, so it was only about a little over a month after I started blogging that I wrote my first post about MyHeritage. Since then, by searching all my back blog posts, I have mentioned MyHeritage in about 791 blog posts. Over the years, I have gotten to know a lot more about the website and have personal contact with many of their employees. Two major highlights were substituting as a keynote speaker at RootsTech for Gilad Japhet, the CEO of MyHeritage who had a family emergency and speaking at the MyHeritage LIVE Conference in Amsterdam, Holland as a guest of MyHeritage. 

I am always happy to see MyHeritage.com advance and succeed. They obviously fall into the very small number of my favorite genealogy websites. MyHeritage has the ability to change people's lives not just make them subscribers to their online database/family tree/DNA features. You can see how this happens by looking at their videos on the MyHeritage.com YouTube Channel

Here are some of the recent statistics about MyHeritage.com from their website.

  • As of the date of this blog post, MyHeritage has 6,757 collections with 16,110,314,085 records
  • There are about 95 million users worldwide
  • The website is in 42 different languages
  • There are over 82 million family trees
  • There are over 5.4 million DNA test in their database
Now, they have over 1 million subscribers. All of these statistics are supported by some of the most advanced technology presently used by a genealogy website. 

You can read more on this blog post, "MyHeritage Surpasses 1 Million Annual Subscribers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment