Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Another Excursion into the Deserts of Utah


One of the benefits of living in Arizona and Utah is that there are so many wonderful places to visit. We have always camped out all our lives. Last night I mentioned to someone that we were going camping again and they looked at me like I was benighted. They wanted to know if I was actually going to sleep on the ground. I said, of course, that is what camping is all about. Sometimes we still maintain contact with the greater electronic world, but here in Utah, this doesn't happen. So, for the next few days, I will be off the grid. See this as an opportunity to read some of my thousands of past blog posts and I will pop back online soon. Here is a photo of what our camp will probably look like:


2 comments:

  1. What is the average high and low for the spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperature varies with the altitude. Most of Southern Utah is on the Colorado Plateau at above 5000 feet, so it can be windy and cold in the Spring. Right now the forecast for Escalante, Utah is highs in the 50s and 60s with lows in the 30s. It might freeze. We take coats and blankets.

      Delete