Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

More Unanswered, Unanswerable and Some Answered Questions About Genealogy

Some time ago, I posted a list of some the imponderable, unanswered questions about genealogy. As they say, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since I formulated those original questions and I have had a lot of time to think of some additional questions and even some answers. I have had to seriously bridle my sarcasm to come up with this list. So here it goes.

1. How can the large genealogy companies continue to announce the digitization of millions and millions of records almost every week while I am still ordering microfilm from the Family History Library?

2. How many genealogists does it take to change a light bulb? Five. one to un-package and install the lightbulb and four to add the sources and correct the work.

3. Why are there more people in online family trees than have ever lived on the earth?

4. If Adam and Eve have no children and their entry is Read Only, where did we all come from?


5. How can I be related to someone in a family tree if the information in the tree is wrong?

6. Why do genealogists claim copyright protection to their surname books?

7. Why are some genealogists still using Personal Ancestral File?

8. Have genealogy blogs become blasé?

9. Will I be able to do Indexing on an Apple Watch?

10. Why do I ask so many questions?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I love this list! I only wish I could read the entire sarcastic list. Thank you for your wonderful blog posts. I enjoy reading all your blogs. I hope to be as prolific a writer when my children grow a little older.

    ReplyDelete