From the announcement, here are a list of the new and present certifications for the program:
New FamilySearch CertificationsQuoting from the FamilySearch website, "Certified products include programs, services, and utilities that are compatible with new.FamilySearch.org (Family Tree) and conform to FamilySearch standards and systems. Presently, new.familySearch.org and the access of new.FamilySearch data through certified products is only available to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
Previous FamilySearch Certifications
- Sync - ability to keep FamilySearch family tree current with Legacy's information for selected persons and information (optional - you do not have to share anything if you do not desire)
- Update - publish to new.familysearch.org family tree. Also includes request to combine matched individuals (also optional)
- Ordinance Reservation (LDS-specific) - identify persons needing ordinances, prepare for Ordinance Request, and check for duplicate ordinances
- Ordinance Request (LDS-specific) - request ordinances in order to print the ordinance cards
We also expect to be certified in the "Helper" category for this update.
- Access - search and read new.familysearch.org family tree
- Print - print multiple reports and charts using online data from FamilySearch
- Ordinance Status (LDS-specific) - read and display ordinance status information
- PAF Import - PAF data can be imported into Legacy for use in the tree
It is interesting, I was using the Legacy program just today to update events in my own family group sheet. I must have been in the program before the announcement came out.