|January: a man warming himself (at a fire)|
Dutch collections Medieval Illuminated Manuscripts
Citing from The European Library website:
What is The European Library?
The European Library is an online portal that offers easy access to the collections of Europe's national libraries and an expanding range of research libraries. It aims to meet the needs of researchers worldwide by providing the ability to:
- Search over 200 million records
- Access over 24 million pages of full-text content and more than 7 million digital objects
- Find a wide range of material, including rare books, manuscripts, images and video
- Export records to reference management services such as Mendeley and Zotero
- Download metadata free of charge for data mining and exploitation
What is the relationship between The European Library and Europeana?The majority of the items in the Library are free to access. Users can cross-search and reuse over 25,188,714 digital items and 165,471,423 bibliographic records.
The European Library is the aggregator of digital content from national libraries for Europeana. We deliver digital content from our member libraries on a monthly basis to Europeana. Some human and technical resources are also shared between the two organisations.
I find that this type of online resource is virtually unknown among genealogists.