Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Friday, August 31, 2012

The changing face of FamilySearch Family Tree


The FamilySearch.org Family Tree program continues to build interest among family history researchers. My weekly classes at the Mesa FamilySearch Library have grown from one or two participants to over twenty per class in the past few weeks. Additionally, the program itself is changing rapidly. Just before my class yesterday, I noticed that a newer version of the Reference Guide had been added to the Help Menu which now has 19 items addressing issues in Family Tree. Here is a list of the Help Menu items:
Family Tree
As you can see the documentation is getting rather extensive. I was not able to attend the Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference, but The Ancestry Insider was there and reported on the presentations by FamilySearch. I highly recommend reading his reports, which I will not reproduce here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment