Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Friday, November 24, 2017

Read About a Family History Mission


As my wife and I begin our year's service as Record Preservation Missionaries in the Washington, D.C. North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we will be sharing some of the events and comments about our mission on one of my other blogs: Rejoice, and be exceeding glad... We have decided since this blog is already available online and has an LDS or Mormon-based theme, that it would be most convenient and easier just to use this venue to "report" on our mission.

As I have mentioned in previous blog posts, until we actually get involved in our missionary activities helping to digitize records at the Maryland State Archives, I will not know if or how often I will be able to post to any of the three blogs. Photos from the Washington, D.C. area will probably begin appearing on WalkingArizona along with selections from past travels.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the DC North Mission! The staff at the Maryland archives are wonderful to work with as are the volunteers! I worked there with Carol Petranek. My mother had been researching the Brodnax Family of Jamestown & Williamsburg. At that point she had a published volume and the manuscript for two additional volumes- 1500 pages. In my work indexing at the MD Archives, we started a new county. The first box of records started in the late 1600's. The 7th document I pulled out of the box was the land grant for Kent Island, just across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge from Annapolis to a Brodnax Family Member. I had my hands on the original document! One that my mother had not found! One to add to her book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great story. We are certainly looking forward to meeting you all. Only one more week until we enter the MTC.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to having you with us! Best wishes, Carol

    ReplyDelete