Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

A New Webinar: "The FamilySearch/MyHeritage partnership and its tools for members of the LDS Church" on FamilyTreeWebinars.com



A partnership between MyHeritage and FamilySearch benefits members of the LDS Church with a free subscription to MyHeritage. Many members fail to benefit from this partnership. One opportunity is to synchronize information between MyHeritage and the FamilySearch Family Tree. This webinar highlights major partnership opportunities for members of the Church. 

This webinar is free from MyHeritage. See https://familytreewebinars.com/archived_webinars_free.php

5 comments:

  1. I watched the webinar and it is very interesting. I would like to find more detailed information on the syncing between FamilySearch and MyHeritage. Is there more training somewhere that gives more details?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to a more complete explanation. https://blog.myheritage.com/2018/03/new-familysearch-tree-sync-beta-allows-familysearch-users-to-synchronize-their-family-trees-with-myheritage/

      Delete
    2. Let me know if you have any more questions genealogyarizona@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. After reading I decided to jump in and give it a try. It took about an hour to load about 4000 people. But I was surprised to see that my mother came across as unknown? It had her birth and death date but no name. I checked and did not see any problem on FamilySearch. So my concern is what other information did it miss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first guess would be that there are copies of your mother where she is marked as living and other copies with her marked as deceased on FamilySearch. I would check the entries on the FamilySearch Family Tree and look for duplicates. Let me know if this works.

      Delete