Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

#5 Day Two Mesa Family History Expo

Started out my day at the Expo teaching a class on HeritageQuest.com. This lesser known site has some surprisingly helpful resources such as the Periodical Source Index (PERSI) from the Allen County Public Library in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. I spent the next hour listening to Geoff Rasmussen of Legacy Family Tree talk about the newly released interface with New FamilySearch. I will be commenting on the new Legacy upgrade in the very near future.

Third hour was spent learning about 19th Century page photographs from Gary Clark from PhotoTree.com. This turns out to be a very useful website and the information from the class was also useful. Back to the classes. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd been able to attend your class. My local public library has a HeritageQuest subscription, which enables me to access loads of useful data. However, I'm certain I'm under-utilizing it. For instance, I've not done more than glance at PERSI. I did get to hear Mr. Rasmussen's session via the Webinar. I'm considering changing my genealogy software, and Legacy is looking like a good choice, at least once the New Family Search is accessible to the public.

    ReplyDelete