Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Sunday, November 3, 2013

I hope this program gets fully developed and available: Puzzilla.org

For the first time, I may actually be converted to using a "fan chart" for research. A commentator sent me to look at a new program called Puzzilla.org. Here are two screenshot to give you an idea what I talking about.



The difference between this and a regular fan chart is that this is a descendants chart that is entirely interactive with FamilySearch.org's Family Tree. Clicking on a node (dot) brings up information about that person. Using this type of chart, you can see patterns of research and ends of line that need work.

This is the first time I have been enthralled with a fan chart, mostly they just bother me. Please take time to watch the videos, they give you a better understanding of what is going on with all the patterns the program creates. It is nice to know that genealogy finally has visual patterns.  I will definitely use this in the future and will probably write about it again.

1 comment:

  1. James,

    This looks interesting!

    I want to let you know that two of your blog posts are listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/11/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-november-8.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete