The text of the message says the following:
December 2013 new.familysearch.org Becomes Read Only
The next step to fully implement FamilySearch Family Tree on FamilySearch.org is to change new.familysearch.org to read-only status. This milestone will occur in December 2013.
Users will still be able to view information on new.familysearch.org after the change, but users will no longer be able to edit or change information.
Users have many reasons to switch from new.familysearch.org to FamilySearch Family Tree. They can
This certainly looks like a firm commitment. I still know quite a few people who are refusing to use the FamilySearch.org Family Tree program. This might wake them up to the change.
- Correct information about ancestors and relationships.
- Find valuable records for any ancestor, right from the person page.
- Add sources to ancestors with a few simple mouse clicks.
- Add photos, documents, and stories to ancestors.
- Print fan charts, pedigrees, and family group records.