Quoting from the above blog post,
The U.S. Marriages Project, a joint initiative between findmypast.com and FamilySearch.org, is actively working to save the marriage records from every state in the United States. Through the indexing efforts of online volunteers across the U.S, this service project will create a high quality, searchable database of nearly every marriage recorded in the United States since the early 1800s.To join this ambitious project, follow these steps:
To select a project, follow these steps:
I’m New to FamilySearch Indexing
I Have Used FamilySearch Indexing and Have the Software on My Computer
- Go to the list of U.S. Marriage Projects here: https://familysearch.org/indexing/projects/country/us
- Find a project with the term “Marriage Records” in the title, as in this example: US, California—Marriage Records, 1750–1990
- Click Get Started, and follow the instructions.
- Open the indexing program on your laptop or desktop computer.
- Click the blue Download Batch button.
- A pop-up window will open. Click the button to select Show all projects.
- Click the column Project Name (this sorts the list alphabetically).
- Select a US State—Marriage Records project.
- BEGIN INDEXING!