barra querida de aquellos tiempos.
Me toca a mi hoy emprender la retirada
debo alejarme de mi buena muchachada.
These simple words say it all. Goodbye my friends. Hasta la vista. Until next year at RootsTech 2016, now scheduled for February 3 - 6, 2016, again in the vast caverns of the Salt Palace in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. Here are some thoughts and statistics:
- During the week, I walked 48,247 steps or about 27.4 miles during the five days I was attending the conference.
- I ate two really good pastrami sandwiches.
- I talked to about a zillion people and almost lost my voice.
- I saw lots of good friends and renewed a lot of acquaintanceships.
- I learned a lot about a lot and will share what I can in future posts.
- I was not expecting to be impressed by any of the keynote speakers but ended by being impressed by all of them.
- I will miss my friends from around the world and wish them safe passage home.
- I wish I had more time to talk, even if I do lose my voice.
- My next few days will be just as busy as ever.
- I definitely like riding the train more than driving the freeways.
- I thought the whole RootsTech experience was extraordinarily well managed this year.
- I am not sure what they can do next year to top this one.
And so to all my friends:
por la barra querida que nunca me olvidó,
y al dar a mis amigos mi adiós postrero
les doy con toda mi alma, mi bendición.