Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Three Grandmothers


While I was tagging photos from the Margaret Godfrey Jarvis Overson Photographic Collection, I came across this unusual photo that remarkably has three of my grandmothers in the same photo. At the left is Eva Margaret Overson Tanner, my paternal grandmother. Above to the right is my great-grandmother, Eva's mother, Margaret Godfrey Jarvis Overson. Sitting on the front row is my maternal great-grandmother, Mary Ann Linton Morgan. Mary Ann Linton Morgan was the widow of my great-grandfather John Morgan and had remarried David King Udall. The photo was likely taken before 1920 in St. Johns, Apache, Arizona. My parents, all four of my grandparents, and all but one of my great-grandparents lived in St. Johns at some time or another. This is the first and only photo I have of Mary Ann Linton Morgan while she was living in Hunt, Apache, Arizona, outside of St. Johns.

3 comments:

  1. Can you correct the misspelling on Mary Ann Linton Morgan's name on the photo tag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small world. Fun! Great photo. See if someone famous is hiding in there! besides your relartives.

    ReplyDelete