This presentation is by Ron Tanner and yes he is my cousin.
Where do we want to take Family Tree?
- Remove bad data and relationships
- Better sources to validate
- Communicate with contributor
- My-Tree-itus - ownership of the information
They will be opening up all the data. I'm laughing too hard to write, sorry.
How many want to fix bad data?
Let everybody clean the fridge (data)
Everybody helps to to clean up the data?
What can the system do to make you feel better?
- Valid sources
- Talk to contributors
- Work together
- Know when someone changes the data
- Where's the proof?
- Change it back if it is wrong
Document the genealogy of mankind for generations to come.
Family Tree tools
- Justification of any changes
- Change Log and ability to reverse changes
- Link to Sources
- Accountability, your name is on everything you change
- Notifications of changes
- Change bad things not change good things
- This ancestor is correct and properly sourced
- GEDCOM contributed or removed without duplications
- Searchable and preserved and updatable
- Working together in Family Tree
Upload scanned images and link to source material.
(This is looking a lot like a wiki, without saying the word)
Automatic source creation from whatever location on the Internet...
Attach sources to relationships
The World's Genealogy