Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Friday, March 29, 2013

Just in case you haven't had enough of RootsTech 2013...

Not to rush the season or anything, I am always impressed when Costco puts up their Christmas decorations in July or August, but RootsTech is trying for a new record in anticipation. Here is the announcement I got today:

Mark Your Calendars for RootsTech 2014 
We're looking forward to next year's conference, which will be held February 6-8, 2014 at Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. To accommodate the continued growth of the conference, next year RootsTech 2014 will move to a new area at the Salt Palace Convention Center with larger classrooms and a bigger hall for the Expo! 
Registration for RootsTech 2014 will go live later this summer. 
If you have a topic or presentation idea for RootsTech 2014, please email us. A call for presentations for next year's conference will go out soon. 
We'll see you next year!
Now, I already had the Conference on my calendar, but now I guess I have to start working on presentation topics. It might help if the RootsTech folks gave us some idea of the overall theme of the Conference. I would have submitted some different topics this year had I known that before the deadline for submissions. Not complaining mind you. Just noting the fact that this information might help anyone considering presenting at the Conference. I appreciate the move to a new area of the Salt Palace, but I like to convenience of the Radisson Hotel. Anyway, I guess we will start gearing up rather sooner than later.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, James,

    Thank you for the heads' up for next year. I am waiting to hear what venues will be available to us in other places, e.g. Canada, where RootsTech "Junior" will be held. It should be interesting.

    Regards,

    Elizabeth
    genealogycanada@aol.com

    www.genealogycanada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete