Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Saturday, March 23, 2013

RootsTech 2013 - Day Three - Episode One

As you may or may not know, I got involved at the last minute doing one of the Keynote address for MyHeritage.com. Thanks so much to them for the opportunity, but I regret that it had to happen in such a sad way. My condolences to Gilad Japhet and his family. I hope I did an adequate job in representing them at RootsTech. My presentation on Thursday is now available on the RootsTech.org website as the Keynote will be shortly.

Now, on to other events. Of course, I had to make time to see my cousin Ron Tanner, the FamilySearch Family Tree Product Manager and his presentation on Family Tree. He talks of My-Tree-itis, the desease that says that we "own" our genealogy. This issue carried over to New.FamilySearch.org. The solution is what FamilySearch has done with Family Tree, opening it up to let everyone change the information. His presentation, somewhat toned down, is available on the RootsTech.org website.

We have quite a bit more to do here today and I will be very busy. I hope to write more this next week with reflection, especially about some of the new products and updates of existing ones. One thing I did solve with a visit to the booth for the local Pictureline store in Salt Lake. One problem I have is taking photos in a copy stand mode. I found an extension arm/tripod combination they had on display will solve that problem.

There is more to come.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations On An excellent keynote performance, James

    ReplyDelete