Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

More info on problem with Blogger


Here is an additional screenshot of the issues with Blogger. This is what I know so far:

The font is in the Amharic alphabet (Ethiopian) but the text is in English so the font characters have simply been substituted for the headings in English. The problem has no effect on the blog posts (yet) All the menu items work as normal, they just appear in the script.

I am on a Mac and have looked at the problem on several different computers and an iPad and the problem is not resident on my computers. It is not a browser problem because the problem shows in several different browsers. I have looked at the HTML for the pages and it appears that there are no extraneous font commands but I could be wrong.

I don't need to scan my computer as much as I need someway to get to the code in Blogger.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. 

3 comments:

  1. So if you go to the Settings for that particular blog (within Blogger), and choose "Language and formatting", what is listed for the language at the top, and what is the setting for whether or not transliteration is enabled? (If transliteration is enabled, Amharic is the first language listed alphabetically.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion, but the whole menu is in the strange script and changing to another script has no effect at all. But thanks a lot for trying. I have determined it is nothing in the settings for the blog, it is coming from Google.

      Delete