Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Saturday, February 1, 2014

#RootsTech 2014 App -- Plan your class sessions

I have been using the RootsTech 2014 app on my iPad to plan my class sessions. In my case this usually turns out to be wishful thinking, but I am sure you will find the app to be a valuable aid. The App is available in the App Store. Here is a screenshot:


The Android version of the app is available on Google Play. Here is that screenshot:


The app will let you create your own personal schedule. See you there

4 comments:

  1. There is also the internet app for those without iOS or Android, like me with my Windows Phone. But I'm worried how good the WiFi will be at the conference with 10,000 devices all trying to use it at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At past conferences I have found that reception can be spotty with almost no reception on the Exhibit floor itself. However, once the schedule is recorded in will be on your device. At least that is the way it works with my iPad.

      Delete
    2. The internet app is the same as the iOS or Android app, but it's on the RootsTech.org site with a remembered login so you can customize. The data is not put on my phone. I know I'll be able to use it at night at my hotel. But I've put my schedule separately on my phone in a file if I need it and can't get it at the conference.

      Delete
    3. I was able to use wifi in most areas without a problem. It was just mostly unavailable on the Exhibit area floor. Now that you bring this up, I realize that I haven't used my iPad when I wasn't on wifi.

      Delete