Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Friday, January 3, 2014

Driving Blind

Unfortunately, despite some progress in understanding why my blog on Blogger is messed up with strange character scripts, we haven't been able to solve the problem. The only results is that all of the menus are in Amharic. So I have been clicking from memory and sometimes I get it wrong. Please excuse the inconvenience. If Blogger is trying to motivate me to move to a different venue, then they are succeeding.


4 comments:

  1. Did you manage to get through to anyone at Google James? I watched 'The Internship' the other night and smiled when the characters were manning the Google helpline for an hour - I've never managed to find it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how to get to Google. I have looked in the past and any connections just go around in a circle and waiting on the telephone has also not been productive. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. James, I have been following the saga of your Blogger issues with interest. I also use Blogger, but am not having this problem. However, I have yet to upgrade to google+. I would not think that is the issue. I see a language drop down windown that allows me to select a language, and Amharic is among them. I would think that it would be the language that my blog is published in and not the language with which I see the dashboard. I can't figure out how this happened to your blog, or how to prevent it from happening to mine some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Except for occasionally hitting the wrong key because all the menus are in Amharic, I am coping pretty well.

      Delete